.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Jessie Sheidlower rides again!

[Another Oldie-but-Goodie from the private e-mailing era of late 2004. I've edited and updated it.]

Y'all might remember when I was a fan of Jesse's Word of the Day, later Maven's Word of the Day and I wasn't the only one.

Alas, the WotD site is no more. The former postings, however, can be found either in chronological order or lexicographical order. There is some consolation there, since working through just that word list will take a while.

Jesse Sheidlower does have a weak internet presence today at the site, Jesse's Word.

And every now and then he writes a popular piece on lexicography, e.g.,

Crying Wolof

The Breakfast Table

He's even risen to the stature of someone who has his wit remembered and attributed, e.g., Slang Quote

After reading his latest article, I thought that I would send off this round of links to my fellow travelers in trivia.

Comments:
He also wrote this perl.com article about his catalyst web framework.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?